Bologna Children's Book Fair 'Hello! From Australia' Exhibition 2015
November 14, 2014
The agency is thrilled and proud to announce that Five picture books from the Jacinta di Mase Management stable have been selected for the Bologna 2015 Hello! from Australia exhibition, curated and organised by Books Illustrated and the Australian Publishers Association.
32 contemporary Australian illustrated books were chosen from more than 100 books submitted for the opportunity, but only 32 were selected to be represented with an A2 limited edition giclee prints as part of the Hello! from Australia rights exhibition.
The Five picture books from Jacinta di Mase management are listed below:
Tea and Sugar Christmas by Jane Jolly and Robert Ingpen
Birdie’s Boots by Phil Cummings and Sara Acton
Our Village in the Sky by Janeen Brian and Anne Spudvilas
One Step at a Time by Jane Jolly and Sally Heinrich
Imagine a City by Elise Hurst
Congratulations to Jane, Elise, Phil, and Janeen and their creative partners for this wonderful achievement.
The exhibition aims to:
- support publishers in the promotion and sale of rights
- facilitate contact between Australian publishers and international agents and promoters
- promote Australian culture internationally, and draw attention to the diversity and depth of Australian children’s books.
Previous Bologna exhibitions of Hello! from Australia have received an enthusiastic afterlife at other book festivals and fairs, including presentations at:
- Paju Bookcity in South Korea;
- the National Youth and Children’s Library, Seoul;
- the Korea Foundation Cultural Gallery, Seoul;
- the inaugural International Illustration Concours on Nami Island, Korea; and
- the Capital Library Beijing, China, as part of Australian Writers Week.
A highlight of the 2015 fair will be the presence of the Australian Children’s Laureate Jackie French who will give the opening speech at the Australia Party and be part of the second international Children’s Laureate Summit in Bologna.
You can view the full list of book selected to be represented by a limited edition print on the Books Illustrated blog